Carrot, Cumin & Peanut Butter Burgers
(Gluten and Dairy Free)
(15 minutes to prep, 20 minutes to cook – serves 4)
3 tbsp vegetable oil
500g carrots, grated
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp cumin seeds
210g tin butter beans, drained
4 tbsp Freda’s Chipotle Chilli peanut butter
1 lime, zested, plus 1 tbsp juice
2 tbsp corn flour
1 medium avocado, thinly sliced
4 rolls of choice, halved
Handful of salad leaves
2 medium vine tomatoes, sliced
- Heat ½ tbsp of the oil in a large-lidded pan over a medium heat. Fry the carrots for 10 mins, then add the garlic and cumin seeds and fry for 1 min more.
- Put the beans, peanut butter, lime zest and flour in a food processor. Season and blitz until smooth. Add half the carrot, pulse briefly, then add the rest and pulse to combine. Be careful not to blend too much or the mix will be too wet. Chill for 30 mins to firm up.
- Divide the chilled carrot mix into 4 and, with damp hands, shape into patties about 2.5cm thick.
- Wipe out the frying pan and heat the remaining oil over a low heat. Fry the burgers for 9-10 mins until golden brown and crisp, turning halfway.
- Toss the avocado with the lime juice. Serve the burgers in a bun of your choice with the salad leaves, tomato, avocado and extra Freda’s Chipotle Chilli PB!