Freda’s Peanut Butter Butternut Nut Roast
500g butternut squash, diced into small cubes
2 tbsp olive oil
1 stick celery, finely diced
1 med courgette, finely diced
1 red onion, finely diced
1 carrot, grated
1 dsp ground coriander
1 dsp cumin
0.5 dsp turmeric
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 can (390g) green lentils, drained
2 tbsp soy sauce
60g plain flour (can be gluten free)
150g mixed nuts, roasted and chopped (we used walnuts, macadamia and almonds)
2 egg, beaten
100g Freda’s Peanut Butter (Cornish Sea Salt, Black Pepper & Sea Salt or Chipotle Chilli would work)
2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Salt to taste.
- Drizzle the diced squash with 1 tbsp of the oil and roast at 180c for 30 minutes. Mash with a fork and transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, add the remaining olive oil, celery, onion, courgette, carrot and spices to a frying pan and gently fry for approx. 10 mins until softened.
- Then add this to the squash along with all the remaining ingredients, except the eggs. Mix thoroughly.
- Check the seasoning and add a little more salt if needed. Add the eggs and mix again until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer to a 2lb loaf tin, lined with greaseproof paper, and bake at 180c for 1 hour. Check halfway and cover with foil if getting too brown.
- Leave to cool slightly before slicing. Delicious with chutney and salad. Can also be used cold for picnics/ packed lunches etc. Enjoy!