Freda’s Peanut Butter Sourdough
75g active starter
500g strong white bread flour
200g Freda’s Smooth Original Peanut Butter
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium sized bowl, cover and leave to stand for one hour.
- Pull the dough with a series of stretches in the bowl until it forms a tight ball. Repeat the pull and stretch every hour 3 more times, covering after each set.
- Leave to prove on the work bench for 8 to 10 hours or until doubled in size, this will depend on how warm your kitchen is.
- Next, gently pull the dough into a smooth ball, keeping it in the bowl while you do this.
- Dust a banneton with rice flour and gently place the dough, smooth side down into the banneton, cover and put in the fridge to firm up for at least 6 hours, the longer you leave it, the more flavour the dough has (no longer than 24 hours though).
- Remove dough from banneton by inverting onto a sheet of baking parchment and place gently into a Dutch oven or lidded casserole.
- Bake at 210c from a cold start for 50 minutes. When time is up, remove the lid, if you like your bread darker in colour, replace to the oven without the lid for a further 5 to 7 minutes. Enjoy!